Shrink Charm Keychain
Use colored pencils to decorate the rough side of the shrink charms. Colors will darken when the charms shrink so try not to color too dark.
Once all charms have been colored it's time to shrink!
Oven/Toaster oven: Pre-heat oven or toaster oven to 325 degrees F. Use parchment paper or tin foil to line a baking pan. Place colored side up into pre-heated oven. Watch as your shrink charms shrink.! Bake from 1 to 3 minutes. At first the shrink charms will curl up, but they will flatten back out. Once they flatten back out, bake for 30 more seconds. Once you remove from the oven you can place a heavy glass or similar on the charms to ensure they dry flat. Once charms are cool you can remove from tray.
Hair dryer/heat gun: Place shrink charms on a baking pan covered with parchment paper or foil. It helps to have a tooth pick or tweezers to hold the charms so they don't blow around but it is not necessary. Hold hair dryer or heat gun at a 90 degree angle to shrink charms and move back and fourth slowly until charms begin to shrink. At first the shrink charms will curl up, but they will flatten back out. Once they flatten back out, heat for 30 more seconds. Once charms have shrunk you can place a heavy glass or similar on top to ensure that they cool flat. Note: If charms get stuck together you can carefully pull them apart while they are still warm and flatten them out.
Attach charms to keychain. Use small rings in envelope to attach the charms to your keychain. There are two options provided. The larger rings that are open are easier to use. Place charm on the ring, attach the ring to the keychain and gently close the ring with a pair of pliers. If you do not have plieres availabe the other rings work like a keychain and can be twisted on. The holes in the charms should be very strong by this point but are not immune to breakage so please be careful with this step.
Once your keychain has all 4 beautiful charms, you can place the keyring on the flat gift card to present to Mom or Grandma!
Paper Flower Bouquet
1. Count out 4 sets of 5 coffee filters and lay them flat.
2. Using a marker color on the outside of the coffee filter.
3. Get your brush wet and use it to paint the marker from the outside of the filter towards the center until the filters are all saturated.
4. Repeat with the other 3 sets and then allow them to dry. (If you can hang them on a clothesline or similar they will dry faster.
5. Once the filters are fully dry, fold them in half. Then fold in half again.
6. Now cut several straight lines from the top of the filters to about half way down.
7. Once you have several slits cut, cut the ends of the filters to a point.
8. Now cut a VERY small amount off the tip of the coffee filters. Less is more here because you don't want the hole to be too big for the paper straws.
9. Next open up the coffee filters and gently place a paper straw through the hole.
10. Starting with the inner most filter pull the filter up and glue the bottom around the straw. Repeat until all 5 layers are glued to the straw.
Place in you favorite vase and enjoy!